Vegetable & bean chilli
This healthy veggie chilli makes for a quick and satisfying supper, crammed with pulses and colourful fresh vegetables
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1clove garlic , finely chopped
- ginger , finely chopped
- 1large onion , chopped
- 2courgettes , diced
- 1red pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 1yellow pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 1tbsp chilli powder
- 100g red lentils , washed and drained
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 2x cans chopped tomatoes
- 195g can sweetcorn , drained
- 420g can butter beans , drained
- 400g can kidney beans in water, drained
Step 1Heat the oil in a large pan. Cook the garlic, ginger, onion, courgettes and peppers for about 5 mins until starting to soften. Add the chilli powder and cook for 1 min more.
Step 2Stir in the lentils, tomato purée, tomatoes and 250ml water. Bring to the boil and cook for 15-20 mins.
Step 3Add the sweetcorn and beans, and cook for a further 10 mins.