Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies with Mustard Vinaigrette
Want to serve your family a well rounded, nutritious meal but running short on time? This easy sheet pan dinner is the answer. It's the perfect balance of sweet and savory, with crispy-skinned, juicy chicken thighs, crisp-tender veggies, and a tangy sauce. Plus it's super affordable and requires minimal cleanup.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 2large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 2tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¾teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 4(5 ounce) bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces
- 2tablespoons grainy mustard
- 4teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1tablespoon maple syrup
- ½teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼teaspoon cayenne pepper
Step 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Step 2Prepare chicken and veggies: Toss Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and onion on the prepared pan with 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; spread into a single layer.
Step 3Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and nestle it, skin-side up, in between the veggies on the baking sheet. Brush remaining oil on skin.
Step 4Roast in preheated oven 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, golden and crisp. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Step 5While the sheet pan dinner is cooking, prepare vinaigrette. Whisk mustard, vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and cayenne together in a small bowl until well combined.
Step 6Drizzle sauce over veggies and chicken.