Brussels sprout slaw
Use up any extra brussels sprouts in your veg box this winter by making this sprout slaw. It will go particularly well with cold cuts on Boxing Day
- Serves: 6 persons
- 200g brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- 1small red onion, sliced
- 1carrot, sliced into thin strips or coarsely grated
- ¼red cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1tsp celery seeds
- small bunch of chives, parsley or dill, roughly snipped or torn
- 50g yogurt
- 50g mayonnaise
- 1tsp mustard of your choice
- 2tsp apple cider vinegar or any other vinegar
Step 1Put the sprouts, onion, carrot, cabbage, celery seeds and all but a small handful of the herbs in a bowl, and mix well to combine.
Step 2Put the yogurt, mayo, mustard, vinegar and seasoning in a small bowl and mix well. Spoon the dressing over the vegetables, then toss everything well to coat. Taste for seasoning. Spoon the slaw into a serving bowl or onto a platter, and scatter over the remaining herbs to serve.