Slow Cooker Chicken and Shrimp With Fettuccine
Our chicken and shrimp dish is slow-cooked to perfection in a simple tomato sauce. Serve it over hot cooked fettuccine, linguine, or spaghetti.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1pound boneless chicken thighs
- 2tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1cup chopped onion
- 2cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼cup parsley (minced)
- ½cup white wine
- 1(15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1pound uncooked shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1pound pasta (fettuccine, linguine, or spaghetti)
Step 1Pat the chicken thighs and chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Cut the chicken into chunks.
Step 2Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add the chicken chunks and cook until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Remove the chicken to the slow cooker.
Step 3Add a little more oil to the pan and saute the onion, garlic, and parsley for about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the wine, tomato sauce, and dried basil. Pour the mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
Step 4Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
Step 5Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the pot. Cover and cook on LOW for about 1 hour longer.
Step 6Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
Step 7Just before the dish is done, cook the pasta in boiling salted water as directed on the package.