Buffalo Chicken Mason Jar Salads
Excellent use for leftover chicken! This salad adds the pop of the Buffalo sauce with the cool creamy ranch, blue cheese crumbles, and the crunch of the celery and carrot. It's your favorite wing night in a salad, so there's less guilt ... right?
- Serves: 5 persons
- 10ounces cucumber ranch salad dressing
- 2tablespoons Buffalo-style hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's® RedHot)
- 4stalks celery, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 4medium carrots, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 15ounces cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 10cups salad greens
- 1¼ cups crumbled blue cheese
- ¾cup croutons
Step 1Combine ranch dressing and hot sauce in a small bowl. Divide dressing equally between 5 wide-mouthed, quart-sized glass canning jars, forming the first layer. Add equal amounts of celery and carrots, forming the next 2 layers.
Step 2Place 3 ounces of chicken in each jar. Top chicken with 2 cups of salad greens in each jar. Place 1/4 cup blue cheese on top of salad greens. Seal and refrigerate jars until ready to use.
Step 3Divide croutons evenly into 5 small lidded containers. When ready to eat, dump jar contents and croutons into a bowl and toss.