This quiche recipe is the best! It is easy to make and tastes SO delicious! Freezes well after it is baked. Use ham, bacon or sausage, or any combination thereof!
- Serves: 2 persons
- 2(9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crusts
- 1tablespoon finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1small onion, finely chopped
- 1(4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 2cups heavy cream
- 8ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 12ounces cooked ham, chopped
- ½teaspoon vinegar
- ⅛teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1pinch garlic powder
- 1pinch ground nutmeg
- 1pinch dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and pre-bake crusts for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool on racks.
Step 2In a large skillet, saute green pepper, onion and mushrooms until onions are soft and translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
Step 3In a large bowl, mix eggs and cream together. Stir in the shredded Jack and Swiss cheese, chopped ham and sauteed vegetables. Stir in vinegar and season with tarragon, garlic powder, nutmeg, parsley, salt and pepper. Divide filling into the 2 baked pie crusts.
Step 4Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set and crusts are golden brown.