Pumpkin Thai Curry Pot Pie
Full of fall-inspired, hearty flavor, this pumpkin Thai curry chicken pot pie provides a new twist on a comforting dish.
- Serves: 1 person
- 1½ tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 4(5 ounce) chicken thighs, diced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼cup diced onion
- 3tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2tablespoons minced garlic
- 1teaspoon harissa
- 1teaspoon onion salt
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon cornstarch, or as needed
- 2(14 ounce) cans coconut milk, divided
- 3½ cups peeled, cubed pumpkin
- 1cup green peas
- ½cup fresh green beans
- 1small fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 1tablespoon fish sauce
- 1pinch sea salt
- 1(10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1large egg, beaten
Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Step 2Heat oil in a pot over medium-low heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to hot oil. Stir in onion, 2 tablespoons curry paste, garlic, harissa, onion salt, and garlic powder; cook until onion is soft and chicken is browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in enough cornstarch to thicken. Pour in 1 can of coconut milk. Add remaining curry paste and pumpkin. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
Step 3Uncover and add peas, beans, and chile pepper. Stir in brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, and sea salt. Pour in remaining can of coconut milk.
Step 4Transfer the mixture into a 2-quart baking dish or oven-safe bowl. Arrange biscuits on top of the filling. Brush tops with beaten egg.
Step 5Bake in the preheated oven until biscuits are golden brown, about 20 minutes.