Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
Perfect and elegant for Thanksgiving or Christmas, this smooth "hot chocolate" deviation has been a favorite of ours for years. After it has been prepared, it can easily be kept warm in a large slow cooker for guests, so it's perfect to take to Christmas parties, Thanksgiving potlucks, and the like!
- Serves: 12 persons
- 6cups heavy cream
- 6cups whole milk
- 9ounces good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- ½teaspoon peppermint extract, or to taste
- ½cup whipped cream, or to taste
- ½cup crushed peppermint candy canes
- 12small peppermint candy canes
Step 1Bring cream and milk to a simmer in a large, heavy saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add white chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
Step 2Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract.
Step 3Ladle hot chocolate into individual mugs and top with whipped cream and crushed candies. Garnish each mug with a small candy cane.