Not-Too-Sweet Sweet Potato Soup
This soup is easy, healthy, and turned out delicious. This would be very good served with a side salad or some chips and dip. It can be served as the main course or as an appetizer in little shot glasses. The whole family will enjoy!
- Serves: 4 persons
- 4cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1(15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1pound sweet potatoes, or more to taste, cut into cubes
- 6ounces butternut squash cubes, or more to taste
- ¼cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- ½teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
Step 1Stir chicken broth, chickpeas, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, onion, ginger, garlic, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper together in a large pot. Bring to boil and cook over medium-high heat for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and cook until squash and potatoes are soft and soup flavors have blended, about 3 hours.
Step 2Blend soup using an immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor, until smooth.