This is a basic alfredo sauce, but with less fat and calories than most. Use your favorite seafood or chicken - both work very well with this recipe.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1(16 ounce) package dry fettuccine noodles
- 1½ tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1cup chopped green onions
- 4garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1pound sea scallops
- 2cups half-and-half cream
- 1cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
Step 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Step 2Melt butter in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp and scallops, stirring to combine, and cook 3 minutes more. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Step 3Pour half-and-half, salt, and pepper into the pan and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Gradually sprinkle 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over seafood mixture and continue stirring another minute. Remove from heat.
Step 4Toss cooked pasta into the pan, coating thoroughly. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, and serve.