Greek Orzo Salad
A delicious, colorful salad, with artichoke hearts and feta. I receive a lot of requests for this one.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1½ cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2(6 ounce) cans marinated artichoke hearts
- 1tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1red onion, chopped
- 1cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1(2 ounce) can black olives, drained
- ¼cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- ½teaspoon dried oregano
- ½teaspoon lemon pepper
Step 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving liquid.
Step 2In large bowl combine pasta, artichoke hearts, tomato, cucumber, onion, feta, olives, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and lemon pepper. Toss and chill for 1 hour in refrigerator.
Step 3Just before serving, drizzle reserved artichoke marinade over salad.