Vegan Carrot-Butternut Squash Soup
No animal products. Delicious and nutritious vegan butternut squash soup.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 6tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 1medium white onion, chopped
- ½butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 6large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6cups water
- 2cubes vegetable bouillon
- 2teaspoons diced ginger
- 6thin strips orange zest
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium-low heat and saute onion, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add butternut squash and carrots; cook and stir for a few minutes. Do not let the onions brown.
Step 2Add water, vegetable bouillon, ginger, and orange zest to the pot. Increase heat to medium and slowly bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until carrots soften, about 20 minutes.
Step 3Remove orange zest strips and discard. Blend soup into a smooth puree using an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper.