Savory Spanish Potato Salad
Spanish potato salad is an important dish in Spain's culinary history. There are many versions, and this is the way we like ours. Goes so well with so many things! This is good served warm or at room temperature.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1pound small red potatoes
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2garlic cloves, crushed
- 1small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2tablespoons pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1tablespoon minced shallot
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1lemon, cut into wedges
Step 1Place potatoes into a pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool until easily handled. Slice potatoes about 1/2-inch thick and place in a bowl.
Step 2Whisk olive oil and vinegar together in a bowl; stir in garlic. Pour dressing over potatoes and lightly toss to coat.
Step 3Mix red bell pepper, green olives, shallot, parsley, salt, and pepper into potatoes. Serve salad with lemon wedges to squeeze over each serving.