Pizza Turkey Burgers with Quick Marinara
An Italian twist on the turkey burger turns out a moist and flavorful, pizza-flavored patty for the grill or stovetop. No bun needed!
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1(15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained and divided
- 1pound ground turkey
- ½cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½cup panko bread crumbs
- ½cup sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1large egg, lightly beaten
- 1pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1teaspoon Italian seasoning
Step 1Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
Step 2Add 1/2 cup diced tomatoes to a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork until broken up. Add turkey, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, basil, egg, salt, and pepper. Gently mix until combined, then form into 4 patties.
Step 3Cook burgers on the preheated grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
Step 4Meanwhile, combine remaining tomatoes, oil, and Italian seasoning in a small blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Serve on top of cooked burgers.