Arugula Salad With Anchovy Dressing
Peppery, crisp arugula stands up nicely to the punch of this garlicky, anchovy-filled dressing. You can adjust the dressing’s pungency by adding more or fewer anchovies. The dressing will keep for a few days in the fridge, but the oil will solidify, so remember to take it out at least an hour before serving, and shake it really well.
- Serves: 12 persons
- ¼cup lemon juice (from 1 large lemon), plus more if needed
- 2fat garlic cloves, finely grated or minced
- ¼teaspoon kosher salt, plus more if needed
- 2to 4 anchovies, or more to taste
- 2tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4quarts arugula (about 1 pound)
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
Step 1In a blender, combine lemon juice, garlic and kosher salt. Let sit for 2 minutes, then add anchovies and parsley, and blend to combine.
Step 2With blender running, drizzle in oil until emulsified. Taste and add more lemon or kosher salt if necessary.
Step 3In a large bowl, toss together arugula and just enough of the dressing to coat the leaves (you may not need all of it). Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and pepper and serve immediately.