One-Pot Ham and Veggie Pasta
This single-pot meal is the perfect way to use up leftover ham for a weeknight dinner. It's creamy, comforting, and quick-and-easy.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2½ cups cubed fully cooked ham
- ½cup chopped onion
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1¼ cups fat free half-and-half
- ¼cup all-purpose flour
- 1(16 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 2cups frozen peas and carrots
- ½cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish
Step 1Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add ham and onion; saute for about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper; cook for 2 minutes.
Step 2Whisk together chicken broth, half-and-half, and flour in a bowl until smooth; pour into the pot. Stir in farfalle pasta, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
Step 3Add peas and carrots. Cook until pasta is cooked through, about 8 more minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.