Spicy Tuna and Hummus Salad
Hummus replaces mayo in this recipe for a flavorful twist on a favorite sandwich food. Makes 4 generous-sized portions. Pack them individually for a quick and nutritious lunch. Serve with a handful of spinach and a slice of tomato on light whole wheat bread.
- Serves: 4 persons
- ½(8 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 4(5 ounce) cans water-packed tuna, well drained
- 4hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ½cup roasted garlic hummus
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- 2stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2tablespoons capers
- 4teaspoons seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
Step 1Drain roasted red peppers and pat dry. Puree in a food processor until finely chopped.
Step 2Transfer roasted red peppers to a bowl. Add tuna, hard-boiled eggs, hummus, green onions, celery, Sriracha sauce, capers, and seafood seasoning. Mix together. Divide into individual 1-cup portions and refrigerate.