How to Make Turmeric Golden Milk
A kosher recipe for Turmeric Golden Milk, made with turmeric, ginger, spices, and either cow's milk or non-dairy milk alternatives.
- Serves: 2 persons
- 1 ½cups whole milk
- 1inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled and finely grated or minced (about 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, and finely grated or minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- ½teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼teaspoon cinnamon, plus extra for garnish
- 3to 4 whole black peppercorns
- Pinch cardamom (optional)
- 1to 2 teaspoons raw honey, or more to taste, (optional)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2In a small saucepan, combine the milk (or non-dairy milk alternative ), turmeric, ginger, vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, peppercorns, and cardamom (if using). Set over medium-high heat and bring just to boiling. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer gently for 10 minutes, or until the milk is a golden color and has a lightly spiced flavor.
Step 3Remove from the heat and pour the golden milk through a fine mesh strainer into 2 mugs. Sweeten to taste with honey and dust with cinnamon if desired. Serve hot.