Super Quick Healthy Vegetable Frittata
Have supper or a light lunch on the table in no time with this super-easy Vegetable Frittata. Also, uses up any leftovers. A perfect recipe.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1small onion (peeled and finely sliced)
- 2cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 9ounces/250 grams mixed, diced, cooked vegetables (of your choice)
- 1cup cabbage (or kale, shredded)
- 6large eggs (lightly beaten)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1tablespoon flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 4ounces/125 grams goat cheese (soft, crumbled)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a 9 or 10-inch frying pan over low heat. Cook the onion for about 5 minutes until soft. Take care not to burn.
Step 3Add the garlic, and stir, then add the cooked vegetables and cabbage. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Step 4Season the beaten eggs with a twist of black pepper and a little salt at the last minute (adding salt before this time can make the frittata tough). Give the eggs a good whisking.
Step 5Tip the beaten eggs into the cooked vegetables in the frying pan and stir. Add the parsley and stir well.
Step 6Turn the heat down to low, and cook until the sides and center of the omelet are barely set.
Step 7Turn the frittata over onto a large plate. Add the remaining olive oil to the pan, then transfer frittata back to the frying pan with the uncooked side downwards.
Step 8Sprinkle the goat's cheese over and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the frittata is golden and firm. Alternatively, you can transfer the frittata to the broiler and cook for 10 minutes.
Step 9Remove from the heat, and leave to cool slightly. Cut into wedges.