My empty google search for 'curry chili' led me to create this fantastic recipe. My family loved it. I hope yours does, too! Substitute beef with your favorite ground venison, venison sausage, or both. I've used 1 pound ground moose and 1 pound moose sausage and it was awesome!
- Serves: 12 persons
- 2pounds ground beef
- 1small onion, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons curry powder
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1teaspoon ground cloves
- ½teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1(28 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1(15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1(12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1(16 ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained
- 1(16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 2cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, peas, and string beans)
Step 1Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. (Drain and discard grease.)
Step 2Stir onion, curry powder, cumin, coriander seed, cloves, and caraway seeds into the beef. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook and stir until the onion softens, 5 to 10 minutes.
Step 3Mix diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste into the beef mixture. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Add light red kidney beans, dark red kidney beans, and frozen mixed vegetables. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until flavors are blended, about 45 minutes.