Smoked Potato Skins
This is a great smoked appetizer recipe because the low temperature allows the smoky flavor to really blend into the potato skins.
- Serves: 10 persons
- 8large potatoes
- ¾cup (180 milliliters) cheddar cheese
- ½cup (120 milliliters) green onions
- 1tablespoon (15 milliliters) paprika
- 1teaspoon (5 milliliters) cayenne
- 1teaspoon (5 milliliters) black pepper
- 1teaspoon (5 milliliters) garlic powder
- 1teaspoon (5 milliliters) salt
- 2tablespoons olive oil
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Bake potatoes until tender.
Step 3Cut lengthwise in quarters.
Step 4Scoop out to make shells about 1/2-inch thick.
Step 5Paint with olive oil and coat both sides with dry ingredients.
Step 6Place in prepared smoker at about 200 F / 95 C and smoke for 20 to 40 minutes, depending on how smoky you want them.
Step 7Sprinkle with cheese and let smoke until cheese melts.
Step 8Top with chopped green onions and serve with barbecue sauce. Enjoy!