Sweet Potato Home Fries
These sweet potato home fries are a crispy, spicy twist on the classic breakfast side. Serve with bacon, sausage, or eggs for a delicious brunch.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 3large sweet potatoes, scrubbed, peeled, and chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2teaspoons smoked paprika , divided
- 2teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1green bell pepper, diced
- 1jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1shallot, minced
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon ground coriander
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat the oven to 450 F. On a large sheet tray, toss chopped sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
Step 3Bake sweet potatoes for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through until they are golden brown and crisp.
Step 4While sweet potatoes are roasting, cook vegetables. Add butter and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large sauté pan and heat on medium-high heat. Add green bell pepper, jalapeño, and shallot to pan and sauté until golden brown and tender, about 10 minutes.
Step 5Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, garlic powder, and coriander along with cooked potatoes and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper. Toss to disperse spices evenly. Add more salt and pepper, if needed.