Pasta Salad with Homemade Dressing
A homemade Italian pasta salad dressing takes this simple pasta salad loaded with veggies, cheese, pepperoni, and olives to a whole new level! Serve it right away or make it ahead for packed lunches, picnics, or summer barbecues.
- 1(8 ounce) package uncooked tri-color rotini pasta
- 6ounces pepperoni sausage, diced
- 6ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 1medium red onion, very thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1small cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¾cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¾cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1(6 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained
- ¼cup minced fresh parsley
- ¼cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½cup olive oil
- ¼cup red wine vinegar
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1teaspoon dried basil
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- ½teaspoon ground mustard seed
- ¼teaspoon salt
- ⅛teaspoon ground black pepper
Step 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotini and cook until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
Step 2Transfer drained, cooked pasta to a large bowl. Add pepperoni, provolone cheese, red onion, cucumber, bell peppers, olives, parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
Step 3Mix olive oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, ground mustard, salt, and pepper for dressing in a jar with a lid. Seal the jar, and shake until well combined.
Step 4Pour dressing over the pasta salad; toss until well coated. Serve immediately, or cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours before serving.