Filled with lots of fresh veggies, this salsa is a great addition to any meal. Best the next day, that way it's chilled and the ingredients have plenty of time to mix and mingle. Enjoy with tortilla chips, on a taco or burrito, on top of eggs, or by the spoonful!
- Serves: 12 persons
- 5small Cucumber, with peel, raw
- 1(15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1(15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1(15 ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1(10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1½ cups Italian-style salad dressing
- 1large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1large red onion, diced
- 5each bell peppers, mini sweet peppers
- 5medium green onions, chopped
- ¼cup chopped cilantro, or to taste
- 1pinch garlic powder, or to taste
Step 1Combine cucumbers, black beans, black-eyed peas, corn, diced tomatoes, dressing, tomato, red onion, sweet peppers, green onions, cilantro, and garlic powder in a large bowl; mix well.
Step 2Refrigerate for flavors to mix, 2 to 8 hours. Mix well before serving.