Lemony Mediterranean Chicken
This is one of my most favorite family recipes. I can remember my mom would always make this when people would come over.
- Serves: 4 persons
- ¼cup olive oil
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 4large cloves garlic, pressed
- 1tablespoon dried oregano
- ¾teaspoon salt
- ½teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 8baby red potatoes, halved
- 1red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 1red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1lemon, thinly sliced
Step 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Step 2Combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Place chicken breasts into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Brush lemon juice mixture over chicken.
Step 3Place potatoes, red bell pepper strips, red onion, and lemon slices in a bowl, pour remaining lemon juice mixture over vegetables, and toss to coat. Arrange vegetables and lemon slices around chicken breasts in baking dish.
Step 4Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes; brush chicken and vegetables with pan drippings. Continue baking until chicken is browned, the juices run clear, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 30 more minutes.