Italian Style Chicken Salad
Warm roasted chicken and garlic adds flavor, fresh fennel and onion and celery give nice crunch. Served on a bed of arugula. You are going to love this one!
- Serves: 6 persons
- ½cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 2lemons, juiced
- 1(2 pound) roasted chicken, meat removed from bones and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1bulb fennel, cored and cut into thin slices
- 3stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1red onion, thinly sliced
- ½cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½cup mayonnaise
- 1lemon, zested
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1bunch arugula
Step 1Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic until softened and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
Step 2Stir in lemon juice; set aside to cool.
Step 3Toss chicken, fennel, celery, red onion, and parsley together in a large bowl.
Step 4Stir in the cooled garlic and olive oil, mayonnaise, lemon zest, salt, and black pepper.
Step 5Arrange arugula on a serving platter; serve chicken salad on arugula.