California Fresh Mex Tacos
Color and crunch define this vegetarian taco. Quick-pickled cabbage can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Serves: 12 persons
- 3cups thinly sliced red cabbage, core removed
- ¼cup rice wine vinegar
- ½teaspoon white sugar
- ½teaspoon Spice Islands® Salt
- 1(7 ounce) can Green Giant® Mexicorn®
- 1(15 ounce) can Ortega® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 3tablespoons chopped chives, divided
- ¼teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Cumin Seed
- ¼teaspoon kosher salt
- 4medium ripe avocados
- 1(5.8 ounce) package Ortega Yellow Corn Taco Shells (12 count)
- ½cup plain Greek yogurt
Step 1In a medium bowl, combine cabbage, vinegar, salt, and sugar. Massage with hands and mix well to combine. Let rest 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to combine.
Step 2Combine Mexicorn®, black beans, lime juice, 2 tablespoons chopped chives, ground cumin, and kosher salt in a small bowl. Mix well to combine.
Step 3Halve each avocado lengthwise, peel, and remove pits. Cut each half into 3 wedges (24 pieces total).
Step 4Place 2 wedges of avocado into each taco shell. Top with Mexicorn-black bean mixture, quick pickled cabbage, Greek yogurt, and remaining chives. Serve immediately.