Best White Chicken Chili
Change things up this winter by making chili with chicken instead of beef. For a milder version, you can substitute a green bell pepper for the jalapenos. Garnish with cheese and cilantro if desired.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1pound chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 2large jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3(15 ounce) cans navy beans, drained
- 1(10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1cup chicken broth
- 1teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- ½teaspoon ground cumin
Step 1Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Add onion and jalapeno peppers; cook until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Stir in flour until incorporated.
Step 2Add navy beans, enchilada sauce, chicken broth, oregano, chili powder, and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors combine, about 25 minutes.