1-Week Cabbage Soup Diet
A popular basic cabbage soup diet recipe that tastes delicious whether you follow the diet or not.
- Serves: 7 persons
- 1(48-ounce) can tomato-based vegetable juice (or 6 cups water)
- 1or 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- ½head cabbage (chopped)
- 1bunch celery (sliced)
- 2green bell peppers (chopped)
- 6large scallions (sliced)
- 1package dry onion soup mix (such as Lipton)
- Optional: 1 or 2 cubes bouillon
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Curry powder (to taste)
- Optional: freshly ground black pepper, parsley, garlic powder, or paprika (for seasoning)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Add the scallions, bell peppers, tomatoes, celery, cabbage, onion soup mix, and bouillon, if using, and tomato-based vegetable juice to a soup pot or slow cooker.
Step 3Cover and cook on low in a soup pot on the stove for 1 hour or in a slow cooker for 5 hours.
Step 4Add the salt, curry powder, and any optional seasonings, and continue cooking for a few minutes on the stovetop or 1 to 2 hours more in a slow cooker.
Step 5Eat all the soup you want. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.