Hearty Chili Beef Soup
Enjoy this easy chili beef soup recipe made with ground beef soup recipe with chopped green chile, onions, tomatoes, and beans.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1medium onion
- 1red bell pepper (small, or a combination of red and green)
- 2cloves garlic
- 1 ½tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1pound ground beef (lean)
- 2tablespoons flour
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- ½teaspoon ground cumin
- 1(4-ounce) can green chili pepper (mild, chopped)
- 1(14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 ½cups beef stock (preferably unsalted or low sodium)
- 2cups kidney beans (cooked or canned; drained and rinsed)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh, chopped, or cilantro)
- Optional: 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Peel and dice the onion .
Step 3Slice the bell pepper in half; remove the seeds and stem . Dice the pepper into 1/2 pieces.
Step 4Peel and mince the garlic.
Step 5Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and ground beef and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until beef is browned and no longer pink.
Step 6Add the diced bell pepper, minced garlic, flour, chili powder , and cumin. Stir to blend and continue cooking for 1 minute.
Step 7Add the can of chile peppers along with the tomatoes and beef stock. Bring the soup to a boil. Add the beans and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 8Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle each serving with fresh chopped parsley or shredded cheese, as desired.
Step 9Serve the chili soup with freshly baked cornbread or Italian or crusty French bread .