Grilled Caribbean Free Range Chicken
Flavorful way to grill chicken. Don't be afraid of the peppers and hot sauce - the taste after grilling is still relatively mild. Please use free range chicken if your market carries it fresh. Goes perfect with brown rice and grilled zucchini.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1cup rum
- 5tablespoons light soy sauce
- ¼cup lime juice
- ¼cup brown sugar
- 12cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger root
- 2teaspoons dried thyme
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon ground white pepper
- 7drops hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™) to taste
- 1serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 4pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Step 1In a bowl, mix the rum, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, thyme, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce, and serrano pepper. Pierce the chicken on all sides with a fork. Place chicken in a shallow container, and cover with the marinade. Seal container, and marinate chicken in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
Step 2Preheat grill for high heat.
Step 3Lightly oil grill grate. Discard marinade and place chicken on the grill. Cook 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.