Ibby's Grasshopper Pie
This is the classic grasshopper pie of all time. My kids still clamor for this one at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Serves: 1 person
- 16chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 4tablespoons butter, melted
- ¾cup milk, warmed
- 24large marshmallows
- ¼cup creme de menthe liqueur
- 2tablespoons white creme de cacao
- 1cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1cup whipped cream for garnish
Step 1Mix chocolate cookie crumbs and melted butter. Pat into the bottom and sides of 9- or 10-inch pie dish. Refrigerate at least one hour.
Step 2In a saucepan, melt marshmallows in milk over medium heat. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Add the creme de menthe and creme de cacao and mix well. Fold in the whipped cream. Pour the filling into the chilled pie shell and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
Step 3Slice the pie and add an additional dollop of whipped cream for serving, if desired.