Tofu and Noodle Coconut-Curry Soup
A rich and creamy coconut curry noodle soup with select vegetables and plenty of Asian inspired flavors.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1onion, finely chopped
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- ¼cup water
- 2carrots, chopped
- ½zucchini, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons ground coriander
- 1½ tablespoons ground cumin
- 2½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1tablespoon curry powder
- 1(16 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1quart vegetable broth
- ½(16 ounce) package uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1(5 ounce) can nonfat evaporated milk
- 2tablespoons coconut extract
- salt and pepper to taste
Step 1Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion and garlic until tender. Stir in water, carrots, and zucchini. Season with coriander, cumin, turmeric, ginger, and curry powder. Mix in tofu, and continue cooking 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender and tofu is heated through.
Step 2Bring the broth to boil in a large pot, and cook the noodles about 3 minutes. Stir tofu and vegetables into the pot. Mix in evaporated milk and coconut extract. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until noodles are soft.