Brazilian Shrimp Stew
I have an affinity for curry and decided to blend two different food items for one decidedly incredible stew!
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2medium shallots, minced
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1tablespoon red curry paste
- 1(14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1cup coconut milk
- ¼cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- ¼cup chopped cilantro
- 1tablespoon lime juice, or to taste
- 1teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1pinch salt
- 1teaspoon cornstarch
- 1pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2cups cooked jasmine rice
Step 1Melt butter in a large saucepan and add oil. Add shallots, garlic, and curry paste. Saute until fragrant, and garlic is browned, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, coconut milk, roasted red bell pepper, and cilantro; bring to a simmer.
Step 2Add lime juice (go sparingly, adjusting to taste), cayenne, and salt. Add cornstarch and stir to thicken. Add in shrimp; simmer until shrimp are pink and opaque, about 3 minutes.
Step 3Serve stew with cooked jasmine rice.