A creamy chicken and mango dish with a spicy curried mayonnaise dressing, is something fresh and different that always brings interest and recipe requests. Served cold with a crisp garden or rice salad. This also makes a wonderful sandwich filling.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 6skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ⅓cup sultana raisins
- 1(1 pound) large mango, peeled, thinly sliced
- ⅔cup mayonnaise
- 1teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1tablespoon mango chutney
- 1teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1pinch salt and ground black pepper
- ¾cup toasted cashews
Step 1In a large pot, cook chicken in lightly salted boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain, cool, and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
Step 2In a large bowl, stir together chicken strips, raisins, and half of the mango.
Step 3In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, curry powder, chutney, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, then toss gently with chicken mixture. Stir in half the nuts. Transfer to a platter, and garnish with remaining mango strips and cashews.