Make a meal more substantial with the super power of eggs. This omelette is packed with wholewheat pasta, tuna, spinach and green olives for a healthy balance
- Serves: 2 persons
- 85g wholewheat penne
- frozen spinach, once thawed and squeezed it should be around 185-200g, roughly chopped
- 3garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1tsp smoked paprika, plus an extra pinch to serve
- 6pitted green olives, sliced into rings
- 145g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 1red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ½lemon, juiced
- 2tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 20g feta
- a few thyme leaves, to serve (optional)
Step 1First, for the salad, put the red onion and lemon juice in a bowl and scrunch together using your hands. Set aside for the onions to soften.
Step 2Meanwhile boil the penne for 12 mins, or following pack instructions, until tender. Drain and cool under running cold water, then drain again thoroughly. Tip into a bowl and mix with the spinach, garlic, paprika, olives and eggs. Fold in the tuna.
Step 3Heat the oil in a 20cm non-stick frying pan. Tip in the spinach and egg mixture, then cook covered over a gentle heat for about 10 mins until set. Turn out onto a plate and slide back into the pan to cook the other side for 5 mins. Serve topped with the red onions, tomatoes and crumbled feta, and sprinkle with a little extra paprika and thyme, if you like. Cut into wedges to serve.