Cherry Tomato and Corn Salad
Sweet tomatoes, smoky Gouda, and crisp corn come together for an excellent bite that's bursting with flavor. I threw this together for a picnic with things I had on hand. Serve right away or refrigerate to let the flavors blend. Enjoy!
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1ear corn on the cob, unhusked, or to taste
- 1pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4ounces smoked Gouda cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2tablespoons olive oil, or to taste
- 8fresh basil leaves, cut into strips, or to taste
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Preheat grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
Step 2Place corn on the grill; cover and cook until husks are blackened, 15 to 20 minutes. Let sit until easily handled, about 5 minutes. Discard husk and silks; cut kernels off the cob.
Step 3Combine corn kernels, cherry tomatoes, Gouda cheese, olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; mix gently to blend.