Gabe's Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix
My son, Gabe, wanted to try something different than the usual snack mix. He loves anything "Buffalo-flavored", so this is what we came up with. This is not super spicy, but a really nice balance of flavors, enjoy! Store in an airtight container.
- Serves: 12 persons
- aluminum foil
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4cups crispy rice cereal squares (such as Rice Chex®)
- 3cups crispy corn cereal squares (such as Corn Chex®)
- 3cups hot and spicy cheese-flavored crackers (such as Cheez-Its®)
- 2cups Buffalo-flavored pretzel pieces
- 6tablespoons butter, melted
- 3tablespoons hot sauce (such as Frank's® RedHot®)
- 1(1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- ¾teaspoon celery seed
Step 1Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
Step 2Combine rice and corn cereal squares, cheese-flavored crackers, and pretzel pieces in a large bowl.
Step 3Mix melted butter, hot sauce, ranch dressing mix, and celery seed together in a small bowl until smooth and well combined. Pour over cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread in an even layer.
Step 4Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, until crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.