Margherita® Prosciutto with Crispy Tomatoes on Ciabatta
Garlic aioli spread over a toasted ciabatta roll then piled high with polenta-crusted tomatoes, arugula, savory Margherita® Prosciutto.
- Serves: 1 person
- 3cloves cloves garlic, mashed
- 1teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1dash Dash of salt and pepper
- ½cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½cup dry yellow polenta
- 1beefsteak tomato or in-season yellow/red heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1Tuscan ciabatta roll, sliced in half
- 2ounces fresh baby arugula
- ¼pound Margherita® Prosciutto, sliced
Step 1To make the garlic aioli, combine the mashed garlic, oregano, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and olive oil. Stir until well mixed, or beat with a small whisk. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Step 2In small or medium mixing bowl, combine grated Parmesan cheese and polenta, then distribute evenly on separate plate. Place sliced tomatoes in the polenta-parmesan mixture, covering both sides to coat.
Step 3Heat small or medium frying pan to low heat, add a dash olive oil to pan, then add tomatoes. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until light brown and crispy, then remove from heat.
Step 4Toast the sliced ciabatta roll in the frying pan until edges become crispy, about 1 minute, then remove from heat.
Step 5Spread 2 tablespoons garlic aioli to the bottom slice of ciabatta bread.
Step 6Add baby arugula then polenta-parmesan crusted tomatoes.
Step 7Top with sliced Margherita® Prosciutto, close with top half of bread and serve.