Simple Slow Cooker Sirloin Tips
Sirloin tips are very easy to prepare, especially when made in the slow cooker. Serve these delicious sirloin tips and gravy over rice or noodles.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2pounds sirloin tips
- 1(10 1/2-ounce) can golden cream of mushroom soup
- 1(1-ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- ½cup red wine (such as cabernet, burgundy, or pinot noir)
- ⅛teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- Optional: 1 (6-ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Put the sirloin tips in the slow cooker.
Step 3In a bowl, combine the condensed soup, gravy mix, red wine, and black pepper. Add the minced onion and sliced mushrooms if using; blend well.
Step 4Pour the mixture over the sirloin tips.
Step 5Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
Step 6If the liquids lack flavor after several hours of cooking, strain them into a saucepan and reduce over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until concentrated and flavorful.
Step 7Return reduced gravy to crockpot, mix with beef, and garnish with parsley.