Gluten-Free Buttery Apple Crumble
Buttery-rich, gluten-free apple crumble is a delicious, easy alternative to apple pie without the fuss of making gluten-free pie crust.
- Serves: 8 persons
- For the Filling:
- 10cups apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract, divided
- ½cup orange juice or apple cider
- ¼cup granulated cane sugar
- 1 ½teaspoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- For the Topping:
- 1 ¼cups certified gluten-free oats
- ¾cup gluten-free all-purpose baking mix, preferably without added xanthan or guar gum
- ½cup packed brown cane sugar
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½teaspoon kosher salt
- ½cup butter, melted
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat oven to 375 F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
Step 3Place apples in a large bowl and add 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract, orange juice or apple cider, granulated sugar, and arrowroot powder or cornstarch. Stir to thoroughly coat apples.
Step 4Combine gluten-free all-purpose baking mix, gluten-free oats, brown cane sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl to make crumble mixture.
Step 5Add melted butter and remaining teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir to blend mixture.
Step 6Spoon apples into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle crumble topping mixture evenly over apples.
Step 7Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Step 8Remove foil and bake additional 30 minutes, or until top is golden and bubbling.
Step 9Remove crumble from oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
Step 10Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dairy-free ice cream over top.