Ritzy Chicken Casserole
Ritzy chicken casserole features a mixture of chicken and cream of chicken soup between layers of crushed Ritz crackers, making a comforting dinner.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2sleeves Ritz crackers (about 60 crackers), divided in half
- 8tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter (melted and divided in half)
- 1(10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- 1(8-ounce) container sour cream (about 1 cup, regular or reduced fat)
- ½cup chicken broth (low sodium or unsalted)
- 1 ½pounds (4 medium) boneless chicken breasts (cooked and diced)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat the oven to 325 F. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
Step 3In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, chicken broth, and diced, cooked chicken.
Step 4Crumble 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Drizzle half of the melted butter over the crackers.
Step 5Spoon the mixture over the Ritz cracker layer.
Step 6Crush the remaining sleeve of crackers and toss them in a bowl with the remaining melted butter. Sprinkle the buttered cracker crumbs over the chicken mixture.
Step 7Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.