Sticky Orange Chicken with Nectarines
This is a great summer recipe. I like to used cut peaches or nectarines over top of the chicken and rice.
- Serves: 4 persons
- ½cup orange juice
- ¼cup light soy sauce
- 2tablespoons buckwheat honey
- 2tablespoons hot sauce
- 2tablespoons brown sugar
- 2teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 3tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1pinch Italian seasoning
- 4skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed
- 2nectarines, sliced
Step 1Mix orange juice, soy sauce, honey, hot sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic together in a small bowl to make the sauce.
Step 2Season flour lightly with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cut chicken breasts into 1/2-inch strips. Dredge chicken pieces in the seasoned flour; sprinkle more salt and pepper on top.
Step 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips and brown on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Pour in the orange sauce. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until sauce thickens and chicken is no longer pink in the centers, 8 to 10 minutes.
Step 4Plate the chicken and top with nectarine slices.