Greek Tomato Fritters (Domatokeftethes)
Greek tomato fritters (domatokeftethes) are made with tomatoes, zucchini, onion, and herbs. They're a great way to use in-season tomatoes.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 4medium tomatoes (ripe, finely chopped)
- 2medium zucchini (grated)
- 1medium onion (grated)
- 1 ½to 2 cups of flour (self-rising)
- ½bunch parsley (fresh, finely chopped)
- ½bunch mint (fresh, or fresh basil, finely chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- For Frying: 1/2 inch sunflower oil (or canola oil)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2In a large bowl, add the chopped tomatoes, grated zucchini and onion, chopped herbs, and salt and pepper to taste and mix gently to combine. Add enough flour to make a thick batter.
Step 3Heat 1/2 to 3/4 inch of oil in a nonstick frying pan. When the oil is hot, drop the batter by tablespoonfuls into the oil and fry until golden brown. Turn once to brown both sides.
Step 4Remove the fritters with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towels.
Step 5Serve hot and enjoy.