Peanut and Tomato Stew
A vegan main meal that is quite filling. Serve with noodles, white or brown rice.
- Serves: 5 persons
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1small onion, finely chopped
- ½small red onion, finely chopped
- 6cloves garlic, chopped
- 2green bell peppers, diced
- ⅓cup crushed peanuts
- 4large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups water
- onion salt to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
Step 1Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute white and red onion, garlic, bell pepper and peanuts for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, water, onion salt, garlic salt and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer at least 30 minutes; simmering for 1 1/2 hours is optimal.