Grilled Green Chile Turkey Burgers
Our favorite summertime burgers! Green chilies, cilantro, and Jack cheese make these grilled turkey burgers amazing.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1pound lean ground turkey
- ¼cup minced sweet onion
- 1(4 ounce) can mild chopped green chilies
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1large clove garlic, minced
- 1fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- ½teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4slices Monterey Jack cheese
Step 1Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
Step 2Combine turkey, onion, chilies, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno pepper, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; gently mix until combined. Form into four 1/4-pound burgers.
Step 3Cook on the preheated grill until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the burgers should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Step 4Remove from the heat, add Monterey Jack cheese slices, and tent with aluminum foil until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.