Bacon Cheese Soup
This quick and easy bacon cheese soup recipe is seasoned with mustard, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce. It's perfect for a winter meal.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 8slices bacon
- 1tablespoon butter
- ½cup shredded carrots
- ½cup chopped onion
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼teaspoon dry mustard powder
- Dash of salt (or to taste)
- Dash of pepper (or to taste)
- ½teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1(13-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2cups milk
- 2cups shredded American or cheddar cheese
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté the bacon until crisp, turning frequently. Remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble and set aside.
Step 3Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings from the saucepan. Add the butter and heat until melted. Add the carrots and onion and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
Step 4Add the flour, dry mustard, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes.
Step 5Pour in both kinds of milk and cook until the soup has thickened a bit, about 10 minutes. Add the cheese and cook, stirring, until melted.
Step 6Stir in the crumbled bacon.
Step 7Serve and enjoy.