Creamy greens pot pie
Enjoy this healthy and low calorie vegetarian pie for an easy family dinner. It's filled with butterbeans, kale, leeks and peas and topped with filo pastry
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2leeks, halved and finely chopped
- 300g kale or cabbage or a mixture, shredded
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g frozen peas
- 200ml low-fat vegetable stock
- 3tbsp low-fat crème fraîche
- 3tbsp fresh pesto (check the label to ensure it’s vegetarian if needed)
- 1lemon, zested and juiced
- 250g filo pastry sheets
- 1tsp nigella seeds (optional)
Step 1Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a shallow, round flameproof casserole dish or ovenproof pan (ours was 23 cm) over a medium heat. Add the leeks and cook for 5 mins, stirring, until starting to soften. Add the kale or cabbage and cook for another 5 mins until wilted.
Step 2Heat the oven to 200C/180C/gas 6. Tip in the butter beans, peas, stock, crème fraîche, pesto and the lemon juice and zest. Stir to combine, simmer for 3 mins and season well. Scrunch up the filo sheets and put them on top of the pie filling, brush over the remaining oil and sprinkle with nigella seeds, if using. Bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown.