Edy's Holiday Drumcake
Get a taste of holiday rhythm with this sweet snare. Each bite will have your tongue tapping along with its cool and tasty beat: Pa rum yum yum yum!
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1(8 or 9 inch) chocolate cake layer, 1 1/2 inches tall, baked in a springform pan with removable sides
- 1(1.5 quart) carton EDY'S SLOW CHURNED® Peppermint Ice Cream
- 1(16 ounce) container prepared vanilla frosting
- 24each thin candy canes or sugar sticks
- 12each glace (candied) cherries
- 1tablespoon Chocolate decorating icing
- 2piece (blank)s long pretzel rods
- 2regulars large marshmallows
- 1tablespoon Red or green sugar crystals
Step 1Freeze cake in pan for 30 minutes to firm top. Spread ice cream in an even layer to the top edge of pan. Freeze several hours until ice cream is firm.
Step 2Remove sides of pan. Frost sides of cake and a 1-inch border around cake top. Return to freezer if ice cream softens.
Step 3Squeeze decorating icing in a crisscross pattern on top. Press sugar sticks diagonally around sides (if using candy canes remove bent tips). Place cherries around top of cake. Freeze several hours or overnight before serving.
Step 4Dampen top and sides of marshmallows with water. Roll in sugar crystals. Insert pretzel sticks to make 'drumsticks'. Place on top of cake before serving.