Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Bowl
I always think of spaghetti squash as a winter dish, but it is great year-round. This microwaveable side dish is a terrific time saver and a fantastic veggie that is just cheesy-good. Great served as a side with lemon grilled chicken or served atop some garlic pasta noodles with a choice glass of wine. Your choices are unlimited, so start creating and bon appetite!
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1(3 pound) spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 2medium plum tomatoes, finely diced
- ½cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2½ tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1dash hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's RedHot®)
- 2tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
Step 1Pierce squash several times with a fork and place on a microwave-safe plate.
Step 2Microwave on High for 5 minutes. Turn and continue cooking until soft, about 5 minutes more. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Step 3Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove and discard seeds. Using a fork, scrape insides of squash to form strands and place in a large bowl; reserve skins.
Step 4Add tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, cilantro, and 2 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese to squash; mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into spaghetti squash shells and microwave on HIGH until heated through, about 2 minutes .
Step 5Top with hot sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese.